Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Citizenship process, a load of information

Most of you have not seen these types of documents, but here are all the fillings submitted by Andrew Piszczor Sr. in becoming a citizen of the United States! He was in the country for 18 years before he began the process that took about three years to complete. (The story I was told by some of my uncles is the primary reason he became a citizen is he wanted to get some dogs and the State of Pennsylvania at the time would only issue dog licenses to United States citizens! Can't say if that's the truth or not, but knowing my grandfather I could believe it.)

Some interesting items of note is from all information I had about his home town being Ciche here he lists Czarny Dunajec, about six miles north; the family moved three times in those three years (Footedale, Prospect and McClellandtown); and in each document our name is spelled different!

I have a copy of all the documents in the photo albums (click here)....

No comments:

 
ads on blogs