Saturday, October 27, 2007

St. Thomas Cemetery - Footdale, PA Headstones

The one thing we did on our trip to the Uniontown area was to stop at the cemeteries where I knew we had family buried. As we stopped at the grave site of my grandparents, Andrew Piszczor Sr and Anna Szczypta, my wife Sandy began to notice some of the other headstones and was taken by all the unique Polish names that she saw. The next thing I knew we were wandering about the St. Thomas Cemetery in Footdale checking out the markers that caught our interest and taking pictures of them.

Of the family I know of buried there besides my father's parents are my aunt and uncle Joseph Piszczor and Helen Schifko; another uncle (the first Francis Piszczor) who died as an infant and buried in an unmarked grave from the 1918-19 Spanish Influenza; my cousins the brothers Donald Sr and Bernard Piszczor and Helen Schiko's second husband Frank Boskovich.

It was late and we only had two days so we only had about an hour but on the way home I thought about other family researchers that would have an interest in these grave markers. With that in mind I decided to place all the pictures we took in the photo album and plan on my next time back to take more in hope this can be helpful to others. Meanwhile I have begun to contact the church who has taken over care of the cemetery since the closing of St. Thomas and see if I can get the full list of those buried there and publish it here.

To see all the markers we recorded this trip come over to the album and see.

No comments:

 
ads on blogs